Managing Director Venture Capital Unit (m/f/d)
Our client is a young and well funded Venture Capital Fund based in Berlin. Their mission is to search for and invest in category leading internet- and technology startups within different branches. They are excited by what has been achieved so far and are now they are ready to grow.
As Managing Director (mf/d) & Partner you will take responsibility for sourcing, leading and closing deals as well as the development of the fund’s investment portfolio and leading the investment team. You will design, manage and align the investment thesis with the fund’s core objectives and work closely with other divisions such as strategic partnerships and venture building.
Your core responsibilities are:
- lead and develop the team in all aspects of the investment business (e.g. sourcing, financial modeling, due diligence, funding strategy)
- identify venture opportunities
- support and monitor the current investment portfolio companies and their management teams
- act as a mentor in strategic and market-related matters as well as represent the venture fund on fairs, symposiums and other networking events
- represent the venture fund in internal management committees and build solid networks within the Venture Capital community.
You will join a Venture Capital Fund alongside other Partners in a senior management position leading and managing the investment team during an exciting and challenging phase. A growing portfolio, a scaling organization and team development and strengthening the brand of the company.
We are looking for a Venture Capital expert with a proven track record in investing in and managing portfolio companies. Also important to us is your interest and ability to lead and develop a team within an agile organization.
You have a relevant university degree, several years of professional transaction experience obtained as a business angel, venture capitalist or in an early stage private equity business. You speak German and English fluently and are capable, keen, and ready to act as an interface between corporate and start-up companies. Frequent travel may be required.
040 – 182 905 40