Global Vice President of Engineering (m/f/d)
For our client, a renowned international player in mobility services, we are looking for you as the future Vice President of Software Engineering (m/f/d) to take over responsibility for all of the company’s software (Web & Apps) products internationally.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Global CTO, the Vice President of Engineering (m/f/d) is a highly visible role that will oversee all of the software development efforts cross-device. As a core member of the global Leadership Team you are expected to be a strategic thinker and be well versed with emerging technologies and industry trends.
In specific you will be responsible for the following:
- disciplinary and professional leadership of all development departments – from the classic core business to the multi-service infrastructure
- communicate a vision and implement an innovative product roadmap / feature set that is aligned with commercial requirements
- further development / transformation of „obsolete“ software and system structures towards a modern E-commerce platform that works with the latest technologies (Go, Java etc.)
- effective collaboration with internal and external departments / service providers on enterprise-level troubleshooting / problem-solving support activities
- collaborate with other departments such as (online) marketing, product management, IT and sales
- building a culture of high performance and dedication through effective leadership, mentoring, development and retention of superstar talents
- Market observation and development of best-case strategic concepts for web & app development to position the company as a leader in Customer Services & Usability
- challenging the Product Owner and Developer with a view to developing a technology infrastructure (service- spanning) that sets standards
- development and implementation of new products to position the company (globally) as a mobility service provider in the first place compared to the competition Strategic and strong operational participation in the implementation of the current, global strategy in the area of „mobile first“ or „mobile only“ from a technological point of view
- establish strong working relationships with senior business, operations and technology leaders in the capacity of a trusted advisor
- collaborate with the divisional financial officers to monitor budget forecasting and variance and ensure overall operations and projects are on track and within budget.